Visit Our Showroom in Newburgh & Ask About Our No Interest Financing
Granite is one of the strongest stones on Earth, making it popular not only for its looks but for its durability and longevity in home applications as well. New granite countertops can completely transform the look and functionality of your kitchen, creating a stylish room where meal preparation and cleanup is easy and convenient.
Choose Affordable Granite & Cabinetry because we offer:
- An unmatched reputation for quality
- Competitive pricing
- Residential and commercial service
- High-end service and products
- Huge selection of granite colors and styles
- 12 month 0% interest-free financing
- Free, no obligation estimates
We work with several of the finest distributors including the following:
Start your project today. Call us to schedule your complimentary consultation.
We purchase only top quality granite from reputable granite suppliers with quality products and affordable cost per square foot. By doing so, we can ensure that you get high-quality, affordable granite. All work is done in-house and we pride ourselves on providing unparalleled service. But don’t just take our word for our affordability and quality granite and service, visit our testimonials page to learn what our customers have said about working with us.
Benefits of Granite Countertops
Granite countertops offer many benefits over other countertop materials:
- Beauty: Each piece of granite is a unique piece of art formed inside the Earth. No two pieces are alike, making your granite countertops a truly singular masterpiece.
- Heat-Resistance: Granite can withstand extremely high temperatures without suffering damage. You can set hot pots and pans on your countertops and cut meats, veggies, and other foods directly on the surface without worry.
- Stain-Resistance: In addition to withstanding heat, granite countertops will also repel liquids and oils to resist stains common on other types of kitchen countertops.
- Longevity: Granite’s polish will not wear off, no matter how much use your countertops see. This natural stone is also very hard to chip or crack, meaning your counters will likely outlast all other surfaces in your kitchen.
- Ease of Maintenance: Your granite countertops are easy (and cheap) to maintain. All you’ll need to clean them is a mixture of water and mild dish soap to wipe away any cooking residue left on the surface. If your granite countertop is sealed, re-seal it every six months for the best results.
How Is Granite Made?
Granite is a naturally-occurring stone formed by geological processes. As magma from deep within the Earth rises, it cools to form granite. Granite possesses a crystalline structure that not only gives the stone its speckled appearance but its impressive strength as well. Because most granite is buried under the top layer of rock in the Earth, it must be carefully quarried to avoid damaging the granite in the process. Once in the factory, granite blocks are cut into long slabs less than two inches thick using a steel-bladed gang saw to create granite countertops. Because granite is so hard, it can take up to three days to cut through a single block. Next, the granite slabs are polished to a semi- or high-gloss finish to bring out the true beauty of this natural stone. Finally, the finished slabs are cut to the specifications needed to create custom granite countertops for your home.
If you’re looking for stone countertops for your bathroom or kitchen remodel in Hudson Valley, contact Affordable Granite & Cabinetry Outlet today by calling (877) 778-2373 or visiting our showroom in Newburgh.